I did a couple of different variations; silver and gold, different sizes, and different types of glitter. Next I'm planning to try hot pink glitter with the silver backing... that could be cute, right?! So first up, I have a written tutorial with images for you:
1. Here's what you'll need for the project:
- A paintbrush
- E6000 glue, or another very strong adhesive
- Silver or gold paint
- 2 buttons with a slight outer ridge
- A glue gun
2. Begin by painting the buttons on the front side. You may need two coats.
4. Once the paint is dry, place a dollop of hot glue on the front of the button within the edges of the ridge.
5. Before the hot glue dries, sprinkle glitter all over it. Repeat for the other button. Once they're dry, shake the excess glitter off.
6. Now place a bit of E6000 on the face of the earring back pad. Let it dry for a few seconds so it becomes tacky, and then attach the glittered button. Do the same for the other earring back. Now let them dry thoroughly... and that's it! Wear them out on Saturday and let the compliments roll in!
Now... I also made a short video tutorial for you, so you can see the process in action: