So without further adieu, here are the ingredients you'll need for this refreshing corn salsa:
- 3 ears of fresh corn, cut from the cob
[or substitute 2 cups of frozen sweet corn, thawed]
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 garlic scape, chopped [or 1 clove of regular garlic]
- 1/4 cup of red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl, and stir gently to combine. One note: if you have chosen to use frozen corn, you may want to add a tablespoon of agave nectar (usually found with the honey at the grocery store) or a tablespoon of simple syrup to sweeten the salsa. Now grab some corn chips and a margarita... and enjoy!
Stay tuned for this weekend's post on interesting ceilings... yup, a reminder to look up because sometimes the most beautiful part of a room is hiding above you.
Images by me.