Design Fixation: TAG You're It

3/4/10

TAG You're It

While sifting through my Netflix queue the other day, I came to a disturbing conclusion. It was filled with altogether too much fluff. I'm talking 80% romantic comedies and the remaining 20% with movies starring Will Farrell, Sasha Baron Cohen and the likes. Now let me be clear - there is nothing wrong with these movies. But I decided to supplement these amusing flicks with some more artistic ones.

Lo and behold,  Bomb It showed up in my mailbox. Has anyone seen it? If you haven't, I would highly recommend it - it chronicles the history of graffiti, with interviews from all the major players including Cornbread and my personal favorite Shepard Fairey. I grew up in a small town in Vermont where graffiti didn't exist; so needless to say, this was an enlightening documentary.

And it got me thinking - how about bringing graffiti into the home? It seems that this concept is just in its infancy, or perhaps it's not well documented because I didn't find very many good examples online. Maybe I'm onto something.... MUST. FIND. GRAFFITI ARTIST.

Below are the few that I did find. What do you think of the idea?




2 comments:

  1. i'm a BIG fan of graffiti and have lucky to be around some of the best artists in the game.

    to find good artists, check out known gallery. they represent the absolute cream of the crop artists in the US and there are some incredible artists around. http://www.knowngallery.com/gallery

    here is a mind blowing example of graffiti in an apartment by toast from switzerland. it's pretty mind blowing!

    http://www.toastone.com/index.php?id=6&galleryPath=fileadmin/gallery/&galleryName=2_interior&gallerySlideshow=true

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the resources... awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to add? Questions? Comments? I encourage creative conversation here at Design Fixation!

Related Posts with Thumbnails